Shtokman gas and condensate field
The Shtokman structure (field probability) was identified in 1981 from offshore geophysical surveys performed by Sevmorneftegeofizika specialists on board the research vessel Professor Shtokman, which gave its name to the field. Geological study of the field was launched at the same time. In 1985 the structure was made ready for evaluation by drilling. In 1988 the first exploration well, with a design depth of 4500 meters, was drilled. Drilling was completed on July 27, 1988 at 3153 meters. Well testing resulted in the discovery of two formations of free gas and gas condensate, and as of January 1, 1989 more than 2.4 trillion cubic meters of commercial-grade free gas was added to the State reserves balance. The field is located in the central part of the shelf zone in the Russian sector of the Barents Sea.
The Shtokman gas condensate field was discovered in 1988 by the research vessel Professor Shtokman, from which it derives its name. It is located in the central part of the shelf zone in the Russian sector of the Barents Sea.
The Shtokman field development program encompasses the entire cycle of field development, from research to processing and transportation, and consists of three phases. Phase 1 of field development will provide an annual production of 23.7 billion cu.m. of natural gas per year.
Basic field characteristics:
- Field discovered in 1988
- Located 550 km from shore
- Initial geological reserves estimated at 3.8 trillion cu.m. of gas and 37 million tonnes of gas condensate
- Sea depth is 340 m
- Wave height is up to 27 m
- Annual temperature range from –50ºC to +33ºC
- Presence of icebergs weighing up to 4 million tonnes
LLC «Global marine design» develops the design of subsea pipelines and production equipment for phases 1, 2, 3 of the project. The following works were successfully implemented:
- Development of structural and technological solutions of subsea pipeline and pipeline end manifold;
- Basic requirements for operation, maintenance and repair of subsea pipelines;
- Development of the pipeline testing technology as well as pre-commissioning design.;
- Development of the solutions for inspections and diagnostics of subsea equipment and pipeline;
- Technology of subsea pigging procedures;
- And much more.